The institute is more than ever at your side!
We take up the challenge of bringing French and Francophone culture to your home. In the spotlight this week, the live performances. Theater, music, dance, and more, there will be something for everyone!
Here is the program for the week :
Monday / Culture
This week we invite you to go to enjoy live performances while staying at home. We start with the theater, which occupies a very important place in the French cultural heritage. In fact, it is customary to designate the french language as “the language of Molière”, the name of a famous playwright of the 17th century. Come and discover some of his world famous classics. Click here.
Good show !
Tuesday / French Language
Put yourself on the stage against COVID 19! On the music of “Go away Corona“, sing and choreograph the barrier gestures to be applied to fight COVID19, in French!
How to participate ?
- Imagine your choreography, with the objects, the costume and the people you want. You can even disguise and apply make-up if you wish.
- Your lyrics should contain 5 or more safety tips: sneeze in your elbow, wash your hands with soap, wear a mask, stay at home, etc.
- Use personal pronouns, present indicative or imperative.
- On the Facebook page of the IFB, put the link to your video in the comments. The 3 best videos will be chosen on the criteria of originality and correct pronunciation of French.
Your turn now !
Wednesday / Culture
We invite you to discover an emblematic play of French artistic culture: The Barber of Seville, major work of the playwright Beaumarchais. Today, the Paris Opera lets you discover the splendid interpretation of this piece by Gioachino Rossino, Italian composer of the 19th century. Click here.
Thursday / French Language
Find a classic Burmese expression. It’s up to you to find the meaning in French. Choose the definition that suits best in the MCQ and share your answer.
Friday / Culture
We are ending this week with an unusual performance of classical music – a performance on Skype! Confinement does not seem to stop the French National Orchestra, which brought together 50 musicians in videoconference to play Ravel’s Boléro. An incredible performance, which proves that cultures has no walls!
EXCLUSIVE: The Aperitif Live from the French Institute!
Want to escape ? Come and discover the new emerging talents of Burma. Every Friday, enjoy an exclusive live concert on the Facebook page of the Institut Français. In the spotlight this week, Zayye Paing @ Zack!
This week, discover one of the most emblematic City in Europe: Lyon.
Congratulations all for your DREAM BOX!
Thank you for sharing with us your dream boxs.
Thank you moms, dads and French language teachers (LV2)for your help. Boys and girls, more upcoming activities for you on the page of Institut français de Birmanie. From this week you can get some gifts from Institut!! Check the details information this Saturday morning on our Facebook page!
Sunday / French Language
Each week, find a classic French expression. The live performances are in the spotlight this week, so we invite you to guess the name of the future great dancers of the Opera de Paris, through this MCQ.
Sunday meeting with French-speaking guides from Burma:
- A meeting on our Facebook page to discuss Burmese culture. This week we will discuss Burmese leisure.
- A meeting on Tuesday, April 14, 2020 from 10:30 to 11:30 am on the Viber group “Francophone Guides of Burma”, where you can ask your questions and give your opinion, with a French teacher.
Keep in touch!
You can find all the cultural and educational activities that were offered to you this week on the theme “We are going to the show!” on our website.
See you next week for a new Thingyan special theme!
Stay connected for even more exclusive contents!