Cultural Facilitator for the Micro-Folie Yangon Project (Short-term)
Founded in 1961, l’Institut français de Birmanie (IFB) (formerly known as Alliance française) belongs to the French cultural network, made up of 96 Instituts français (French Cultural Institutes) and more than 800 Alliances françaises established around the world. The IFB is a diplomatic compound that houses the Cultural Department of the French Embassy in Myanmar. It is in charge of cooperation and cultural projects between France and Myanmar. Located in an exceptional compound in the heart of Yangon, IFB is a multipurpose place for culture and art events such as concerts, conferences, performances and exhibitions. Its ambition is to be a platform for creation and cross-cultural encounters for Myanmar and francophone artists.
The Institut français de Birmanie is looking for a Cultural Assistant for the Micro-Folie Yangon Project (Short-term) with a full time employment. The assistant will work closely with the IT officer of IFB. His/her responsibilities include:
- Assisting the IT officer and the cultural team on the following tasks:
– Secretarial tasks regarding the Micro-Folie Yangon Project (day to day management, phone and email correspondence, relations with the audience, etc).
– Public relations tasks (hosting audience, ticketing during the arranged visit to the Micro-Folie Digital Museum (either free visit or paid visit).
– Operational tasks (taking charge of the Micro-Folie Digital Museum on site when he / she is authorized by the IT Officer of IFB; preparing and maintaining equipment in good conditions; coordinating hardware / software requirements of the museum).
- Fluent in Burmese, English and French
- Good ability to work in a team
- Flexibility regarding working hours (Being capable to participate in events outside off-office hours – evening and week-end)
Monthly salary: 400 USD.
Duration of employment: 1st November to 31th December 2019 (with possible extension)
Please send us your application documents (resume / references) by 25 October 2019 to Mr. Htet Aung Lin (email@example.com).