- This event has passed.
Francophonie Festival 2020 Yangon
February 8 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pmFree
Saturday 8th February, the IFB celebrates the Francophone cultures and language! Animations and activities all day for the whole family!
Institut Français de Birmanie
340, Pyay Road, Sanchaung Township, Yangon
Saturday, 8 February 2020
10.00 am to 5.00 pm
No need to speak French, just come and have fun!
Pre-registration is required for only Dictation contest and Singing contest. The detail festival programme is as follows:
10.00 am to 4.00 pm
– Little market with food, handicraft, organization booths, bookshop, face painting, clothes & fashions, Swiss and French photo booths
Virtual Reality (VR) Experience
10.00 am to 4.00 pm
– Exciting VR tours to French heritage and culture including Versaille palace VR tour
10.00 am to 11.300 am
– Writing workshop by Rangoun Accueil for your better French writing skill
Yoga Session with Nadia
10.00 am to 10.45 am
– Yoga for kids
10.45 am to 11.45 am
– Yoga for adults
The Hour of Tales
10.30 am to 11.300 am
– Discover fantastic stories for the whole family!
Pétanque French Ball Games
11.00 am to 4.00 pm
– Let’s try Pétanque as it is the game loved by the French no matter how young or old they are. You can play just for fun or play till you win prizes.
The Golden Dictation
11.30 am to 1.00 pm
– The famous competition is back! Participate to one of the categories and get a chance to win one of our many prizes!
Register here: https://forms.gle/fMaD6gfazxvaXL2e7 before 7th February and show your presence at 11.30 am on the Festival day.
Hip-Hop Dance Demonstration
1.00 pm to 1.15 pm
Champion of Quizzes & Its Prize Giving Ceremony
1.30 pm to 2.30 pm
Prize Giving Ceremony for The Golden Dictation
2.30 pm to 3.00 pm
French Singing Contest
3.00 pm to 4.15 pm
– Come discover the talents of the 2019 singing contest!
Register at email@example.com by 3rd February.
Please specify the song chosen during registration.
Contest’s details and rules together with sample songs are available at https://bit.ly/2RnkFju
Prize Giving Ceremony for Pétanque
4.15 pm to 4.30 pm
Prize Giving Ceremony for Singing Contest
4.30 pm to 4.45 pm
ABOUT LA FRANCOPHONIE
International Francophonie Day is celebrated every year on 20th March by IOF (International Organization of La Francophonie) and its 88-member-states and governments to celebrate the French language and Francophone cultures. There are 300 million French speakers in the world. Its members share more than just a common language. They also share humanist and universal values promoted by the French language.
– Embassy of France in Myanmar; Embassy of Switzerland in Myanmar; Embassy of Egypt in Myanmar; Embassy of Canada in Myanmar; Lycée Français International de Rangoun – LFIR; Rangoun Accueil; CCI France Myanmar
– Oliva Mediterranean Cafe; Medi Myanmar Group; Triumph Hotel – Mandalay; Gulliver Travels & Tours; Annam Group; Beauty & Prestige Company Limited; BodyBody Myanmar; Commune Wear Myanmar; G7 Plage; Greenbox; IECD Myanmar; Lilla Clothing; Mingalar Bijoux; Parasol Restaurant; The Envoy Bar & Restaurant; The Warehouse Myanmar; Third Story Project; Yangon Yoga House Group, Kuka aromatheque